Release Date: 31sh March 2017 ÔÇô Genre: Horror, Comedy
Makers of the Movie:
Directed by Doss Ramasamy | Produced by A Sarkunam
Casting & Film Information:
Starring: Nayanthara, Thambi Ramaiah, Harish Uthaman
Music Director: Vivek Siva Mervin Solomon
Editing: Gopi Krishna
Cinematography: Dinesh Krishnan
Dora (2017) Movie Review:
After Maya, Nayan has played yet another main role in a horror flick that is based on revenge drama. The father-daughter duo, Pavalakodi (Nayanthara) and Vairakannu (Thambi Ramaiyah) are looking to buy a second-hand car. Vairakannu is a taxi driver who wishes to take his daughter to their ancestral temple and get her married. They hope to loan a car from his sister who insults them. Pavalakodi decides to get a car for themselves and gets a vintage Austin Cambridge.
Little did they realise that the car was possessed by an evil spirit that yearns to take revenge over three criminals. A police officer (Harish Uthaman) is on a headhunt for noted criminals meanwhile and these two story tracks merge as one in an interesting way. Apart from that, the movie holds no scenes to hold the seriousness of the plot nor story. The screenplay has been a big let down for a horror flick like Dora. There is nothing to be afraid of in this horror movie, unfortunately!
Main Highlights of the Movie: + Positive Points
1. The main strength of the movie is Nayanthara. She has given splendid performance as the heroine
2. Thambi Ramaiyah has made everyone feel lighter with his humour track but it looks forced in some scenes.
3. The background music suits the movie concept best
Main Lowlights of the Movie: – Negative Points
1. The movie has created a bigger expectation that could not be met with the script of the debut director
2. The second half of the movie feels like it is slow paced and dragging
Overall Ratings by Bollyticket: 5 / 10
Verdict: A horror movie that was expected to be fulfilling but doesn’t match the hype it created.